Are you passionate about international affairs and diplomacy and aspire to gain relevant experience to complement your studies?
The Center for International Relations and Sustainable Development (CIRSD) is looking for undergraduate and graduate students with outstanding academic results to apply for its Future Leaders Program. CIRSD offers one of the most prestigious and stimulating programs for young professionals in Southeast Europe. We are proud to continue to attract a talented, eloquent, multilingual, and diverse group of young men and women with exceptional academic achievements from universities across the world.
Joining our program, the selected candidates will:
● Have a chance to take an internship in a continuously stimulating environment
● Enjoy exclusive access to the CIRSD “Discussions” platform
● Have the opportunity to publish articles for the “Horizons Youth Contributors” section
● Become part of an exclusive, growing CIRSD Junior Fellowship Network
● Be awarded an official certificate of completion
The CIRSD Future Leaders Program offers a plethora of exciting opportunities for students, recent graduates, and young professionals to broaden their public policy and research skills - crucial to advancing career prospects in diplomacy, international relations, international law and sustainable development. CIRSD is a place where young, inquisitive minds can sharpen their leadership and communication skills while gaining practical, hands-on experience with the help of committed mentors and seasoned professionals. Recognizing that building greater mutual trust and enhancing international cooperation must start with young people - whose ideas and views are still developing - our Program works to foster relationships and build understanding between our next generation of leaders.
Qualifications & Requirements
Candidates are selected on a competitive basis. Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
● Demonstrated serious interest in international relations, development and foreign policy publications
● Matriculation with outstanding academic records (both undergraduate and graduate students may apply)
● Exceptional command of the English language
● Ability to clearly and concisely explain problems and solutions
● Strong organizational and communication skills
● Ability to multitask within a deadline driven environment.
● Be great team players with a goal-oriented approach and collaborative spirit
The application period for 2022 is now open! For any inquiries, and to submit your application (which should consist of your biography, file title: CIRSD_FLP_YourName_2022), please contact Ms. Anja Jević, our Managing Director and Head of the program via her email address [email protected] .
The President of the Center for International Relations and Sustainable Development (CIRSD), Vuk Jeremić delivered a lecture at ADA University, Azerbaijan’s top-tier educational institution entitled "Geopolitics of the Balkans and How it Relates to the Caucasus”.
Vuk Jeremić lectures at the Diplomatic Academy in Vienna
At the invitation of the Diplomatic Academy in Vienna, one of the most prestigious and oldest schools on the European continent, CIRSD President Vuk Jeremić delivered a lecture entitled “(Geo)politics of the Balkans: The Revenge of History”, on February 7th, 2023.
Prof. Sachs: “Sanctions against Russia ineffective and contrary to international law”
CIRSD had the privilege to host one of the world’s brightest minds and most famous economists – Prof. Dr Jeffrey Sachs in a live discussion titled "The winter of Our Discontent".
Central Asia: The Age of Reform
The Center for International Relations and Sustainable Development (CIRSD) co-organized a conference on December 7, 2022, titled “Central Asia: The Age of Reform” at the Diplomatic Academy of Vienna, one of the most prestigious and oldest (1754) schools in Europe.